The switch pro controller is probably hands down my favorite controller of all time, and once you get it paired to your console, I hope you feel the same!
There are two different ways of doing this pairing. One method entails using the cable that your pro controller comes with (the USB C cable). This is by far the simplest and usually foolproof method to getting the darn thing to be recognized by your Switch and connecting.
- First off, go ahead and dock your Nintendo switch and let it sit there for now.
- After you dock your switch, go ahead and grab your USB Type C cable that came in the box with your Nintendo switch pro controller.
- Plug your USB C cable into the Switch's dock and plug the other end of the cable into the top of your Nintendo switch pro controller. Once this part is done and both ends of the able are connected to the devices, you're done! Your controller should go ahead and pair all on its own.
The other method to pairing your controller requires that you locate the sync button at the top of your Nintendo Switch pro controller.
1.Once you have found the sync button on your controller, hold it down for a few seconds. To be sure that this is working, check the bottom of the controller. You should see some flashing lights - this means that your controller is attempting to sync to your console.
- Head to your Switch's home screen and select controllers from the menu at the bottom.
- Go to change grip order and find your pro controller in the list of available controllers.
You should now be ready to go. Time to play some games!